Privacy and Cookies Policy
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is British Land PLC.
Collection of information
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our Website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, our partners, retailers or other organisations we have a relationship with and when you report a problem with our Website. In addition, we may collect and process information provided by you on publicly accessible areas of third party websites. We do not sell your Personal Information. In the case of actions listed above, you will be able to ‘unsubscribe’ from these at any time. It is completely optional for you to register, participate or otherwise provide us with Personal Information in the above situations.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our Website we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties and may receive information about you from them.
Use of information
We will use the information you give us:
- to provide you with information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those you have already enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you;
- to notify you about changes to our service; and
- to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
We will use the information we collect about you:
- to administer our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing and research;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure; and
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
We may disclose your Personal Information to any member of our group, retailers we partner with or selected companies acting on or behalf. We will only share your Personal Information to other parties as required by law or to protect British Land, its customers or the public. If the shopping centre/retail park to which this Website relates (or the owner of that shopping centre/retail park) is acquired by a third party, we may transfer your personal data to the buyer.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
British Land does not seek to collect Personal Information about children through its Website and is committed to protecting the privacy of visitors under the age of 18. Parents should supervise the online activities of their children, and consider the use of tools available from online services and software providers that help provide child-friendly Internet environments.
Third Party Cookies
British Land serves elements of pages from multiple sources these include Google, Facebook and Twitter. Please note that we have no control over the cookies placed on our Website by these or any other third parties. If you would like more information about the cookies used by these suppliers, as well as information on how to opt-out, please see their individual privacy policies listed below.
We embed Facebook 'like' buttons on the Website, allowing you to share pages you like with your friends. This is a service run by Facebook Inc. More information about these cookies.
We use Google Maps a service provided by Google Inc to provide maps and directions, a service provided by Google Inc. How to reject or delete these cookies.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Website may contain links to and from other Websites. If you follow a link, please note that these Websites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, we have to provide you, as a 'data subject' with a readable copy of all personal data which we may hold about you, within 40 days of receiving your written request for us to provide it. The Data Protection Act 1998 allows us to charge a fee of £10 for this to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. Evidence or proof of your identity (for example, a copy of your passport, driver's licence or current bills) will be required.